We are extending the deadline for submission of abstracts: the new deadline is 15 september 2013!
The Scientific Committee of the Congress welcomes FREE COMMUNICATIONS.
• Abstracts should be written in English or in Italian. Authors can choice to perform their oral communications and to prepare their posters in any of the two languages.
• Abstracts can be written according to 2 formats:
1. Traditional scientific format
2. Essay summary (analysis/proposal/experience/personal view)
The argumentation presented in both types of submissions must be clearly written, coherently developed and backed with concrete experiences and/or data. Please ensure that issues addressed are relevant to the congress topics (see below), reflect current challenges, show originality and will spark the interest of congress participants.
• Abstract should be styled as follows (font Times New Roman 12):
• TITLE capitalised, in English and (in a second line) in Italian.
• GIVEN NAME AND FAMILY NAME of authors, without academic titles. The name of the presenting author should be underlined. The reply about the acceptance of the abstract will be mailed to this author.
• AFFILIATION of each author (e.g.: Department, University/Hospital, city). If the authors have different affiliations, indicate them with a number and repeat the same number after the relevant author name.
• E-MAIL ADDRESS for correspondence.
• TEXT: maximum 2500 characters, including spaces. One table (or 1 figure) and 1 reference are allowed: both should be included in the text.
Abstract written according to the traditional scientific format should be preferably organised as follows: Introduction, Patients and Methods, Results, Discussion. However, such headings should not be indicated in the text. A short interpretation of the data is required. Conclusions such as: “Results will be discussed” will not be accepted.
Essay summaries can be freely organised.
• In an accompanying letter, authors should state:
• THE PREFERRED FORM OF PRESENTATION (oral communication or poster). However, decision about this issue will be taken by the Scientific Committee.
• THE LANGUAGE in which the communication will be made.
• Abstracts should be typed in Word, double spaced, with margins wide at least 2.5 cm.
• Each abstract will be reviewed and scored by 2 reviewers. By September 30, 2013, the Scientific Committee will notify to the authors whether their abstract has been accepted and the form of presentation (oral communication or poster). Decisions of the Scientific Committee will be unquestionable.
• Authors take charge of the content of their communication.
• The presenting author must be registered to the Congress.
• DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: 31 AUGUST, 2013